Antebellum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Antebellum

Antebellum

HomeAntebellumGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in

Go down 
+6
Jugg
Kataliste
Admin
malbolger
Jubok1986
[GM]Wic
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
[GM]Wic

[GM]Wic

Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Empty
PostSubject: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 7:10 pm

Sorry for my inactivity over the weekend. The weekends are busiest days. I know a lot of people have reached out to me with ideas / concerns for the server. So I want to start a discussion here though. I know a lot of players have had thoughts on what should be added or taken away from classes. So this is an opportunity for everyone to people able to reach out on a global scale and voice there opinion. Now with that being said. I do not want any name calling or any trolling on this discussion. I know people will voice an opinion that others will find stupid. No matter what is said everyone is to be nice on this discussion. There will be a 0% TOLERANCE for anything besides a nice discussion. So please leave a post on here and feed us some ideas. Also please make sure to read posting before you post it. We do not need to see the same issue 7 times. 1 is enough.

Last edited by [GM]Wic on Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jubok1986

PostSubject: 5 Points at First   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 7:28 pm

1.   Make 1 zone to level together and to farm good (Much Mobs and not so OP one)  the the high player can help the new one

2.   The Dmg of Caster must be better they make no dmg so all Player play a Herald because its one of the class which can farm good..

3.  Make a Template Armor  i use  Adaptable items but they get no stats and nobody now how much orbs you must buy for this..

4.  Warrier Priest need a Patch  Useless Class   like an Oracle on 50...  he cant cast if he get an add ... 5 cast and hes OOM too...

5. Marauder need a buff... He is the Tank on this Server but he cant a lot in a Grp
Back to top Go down
malbolger

PostSubject: Old School!   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 7:40 pm

I played Antebellum in it's hayday. It was soooooooo fun! We had all the classic classes and the option to make a custom class if you preferred, it was RVR and not PVP the population was around 100 and growing. One day it was decided to switch for i50 and PVP. The server died...

I recently came back to Antebellum and although it seems fun the new player experience I believe is more of a hindrance than a help. This is like DAoC on rails, a theme park MMO and not open world. Everything is level gated. You can not even port out of area's to other area's unless you meet criteria. This is a huge turn off to me. Another huge turn off is that none of the dungeon entrances work. I feel like so much has been stripped out of the game and then the forced ride through the Antebellum roller coaster of leveling is seriously impacting the population.

So Here are some suggestions:

• Remove the Level Gating!
  • Make the Spell Information at your trainer work! (have to guess what spells do what!)
  • Change % spell power on practically every spell (Why have increased pool if everything takes a %?)
  • Change this website's theme.. Grey and red clash so badly... (Hard to find any information if it is there. Cant see post titles!)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 7:44 pm

Jubok1986 wrote:
1.   Make 1 zone to level together and to farm good (Much Mobs and not so OP one)  the the high player can help the new one

2.   The Dmg of Caster must be better they make no dmg so all Player play a Herald because its one of the class which can farm good..

3.  Make a Template Armor  i use  Adaptable items but they get no stats and nobody now how much orbs you must buy for this..

4.  Warrier Priest need a Patch  Useless Class   like an Oracle on 50...  he cant cast if he get an add ... 5 cast and hes OOM too...

5. Marauder need a buff... He is the Tank on this Server but he cant a lot in a Grp

1. Dont like this idea at all. 1 Zone to level up in where every levels can go is just a disaster waiting to happen. Lower level ganking/higher level players killing lower level mobs preventing lower level players from leveling.

2. Agree some of the spell damage can use a adjustment. Im working on it. Elementalist should have some decent damage. Power consumption will also be looked at.

3. Not gonna happen. I have never been a fan of giving players everything. Template how you like and test stuff out. Find the cap by testing it. Shouldnt be a problem

4. I agree WP is in a need of a adjustment. Im not sure why Oracle is useless though.

5. I have adjusted them for the better a few times. They should be a usefull tank class. If they are not then let me know why they suck and how they can be improved. I expect that those who test classes do so with pretty good gear so its not a gearing issue.
Back to top Go down
https://ffapvp.darkbb.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 7:54 pm

malbolger wrote:
I played Antebellum in it's hayday. It was soooooooo fun! We had all the classic classes and the option to make a custom class if you preferred, it was RVR and not PVP the population was around 100 and growing. One day it was decided to switch for i50 and PVP. The server died...

I recently came back to Antebellum and although it seems fun the new player experience I believe is more of a hindrance than a help. This is like DAoC on rails, a theme park MMO and not open world. Everything is level gated. You can not even port out of area's to other area's unless you meet criteria. This is a huge turn off to me. Another huge turn off is that none of the dungeon entrances work. I feel like so much has been stripped out of the game and then the forced ride through the Antebellum roller coaster of leveling is seriously impacting the population.

So Here are some suggestions:

• Remove the Level Gating!
  • Make the Spell Information at your trainer work! (have to guess what spells do what!)
  • Change % spell power on practically every spell (Why have increased pool if everything takes a %?)
  • Change this website's theme.. Grey and red clash so badly... (Hard to find any information if it is there. Cant see post titles!)

The level gating issue can be changed. Some will still stay around like the summonable mob bountys etc but if enough want to have gating on The Breach/Teleporters removed i can do that. ( Some areas will stay gated though but most can be opened up to lower levels.)

Yea it would be nice to more info on the trainers. Low priority though. Alot of spells can be guessed though. And money is not hard to come by so respec if needed is an option.

This is actually alot of work. There is alot of spells in the DB. But if there is something completly unreasonable then let me know what spell it is and i will see if i feel the same.

Never actually looked into the themes avalible. Dont think anyone has complained about it. ( That i remember)
Back to top Go down
malbolger

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 8:01 pm

Darkness Falls and other Normal non 50+ progression dungeons I believe should be opened along with town portals.
Back to top Go down
[GM]Wic

[GM]Wic

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 8:06 pm

I am still working on a lot of guides right now guys. ! guide will be a break down of all the custom classes and what the abilities are and what they can do. It will break down what the class is best for or what spec is best(depending on what you are doing.) I will be also coming out with a template guide for all classes for every 10 levels.
Back to top Go down
malbolger

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Something about the Holy Knight that seems weird is the Feline line. Maybe the name could change, change the spell names and make the shapeshift into something more Knight like. Maybe the last being Telemon form or something. Seems like it would fit more than Feline.
Back to top Go down
Kataliste

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 9:48 pm

Remove the gate level and let people be together !
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 9:52 pm

malbolger wrote:
Something about the Holy Knight that seems weird is the Feline line. Maybe the name could change, change the spell names and make the shapeshift into something more Knight like. Maybe the last being Telemon form or something. Seems like it would fit more than Feline.

This is true. Alot of the spell lines was taken from other classes and mixed around. That line was from an old Shapeshifter class.

Spending time doing cosmetic changes is kinda low on my priority list. When i got alittle time i like trying to fix issues that impact gameplay first.
Back to top Go down
malbolger

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 10:29 pm

I remember the Shapeshifter class. I also see the Juggernaut line is in Marauder. I really did like them old classes. Even after you took the omni-drain from the level 30 shield swipe and moved it to the weapon spec.
Back to top Go down
Jugg

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2018 10:33 pm

This is my original account. Just remembered my details. /malbolger
Back to top Go down
elfwitch

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 6:58 am

Creeping path on herald needs looked at. The main pet you're able to summon as your main pet attacks only lands one out of 20 tries on the test dummy and is resisted whenever it does land a attack. The regular turrets itself does only a fraction of the damage they're suppose to do. Like for instance "forest's core" is suppose to do 850 dmg while it only does 400ish dmg.
Back to top Go down
[GM]Wic

[GM]Wic

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 8:46 pm

Also remember guys that the admin is the ONLY ONE that has access to fixing spells, styles, scripts, and DB issues. So a lot of these problems will be slow to fix since he is the only one that is able to fix these. So all we ask is to be patient and to give us time. We will bring you guys an amazing server to play it may just take a while.
Back to top Go down
erlocx

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 9:05 pm

1. Add Bronze Chest on Fort Atla/Mularn DF and Vendo drops Bronze Keys and they just stuck on your Inventory.
2.DF Pathing sometimes you are killing like Plate Fiends and then a 2 purple mobs come and i you are a caster try to run and die.
3.Balance Classes. Some classes like Executioner are really good for lvlling and farming but for example Elementalist can take 3-4 mobs? and die even if you have a on combat cast.
4.Could add on the Server guide something so you can see where you can get Bronze/Silver/Golden Nuggets ^^.
Back to top Go down
Jubok1986

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 10:08 pm

whats about the Idea to give the Machinist more Turrets like an animist so its like a Machinist from Warhammer

and a style to do dmg like an unbrakable cast or a bow/rifle whatever or a meele hammer ^^
Back to top Go down
[GM]Wic

[GM]Wic

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2018 11:48 pm

erlocx wrote:
1. Add Bronze Chest on Fort Atla/Mularn DF and Vendo drops Bronze Keys and they just stuck on your Inventory.
2.DF Pathing sometimes you are killing like Plate Fiends and then a 2 purple mobs come and i you are a caster try to run and die.
3.Balance Classes. Some classes like Executioner are really good for lvlling and farming but for example Elementalist can take 3-4 mobs? and die even if you have a on combat cast.
4.Could add on the Server guide something so you can see where you can get Bronze/Silver/Golden Nuggets ^^.

The mob walking through walls is a DOL issue. Not sure if Admin has any plans to try and fix this or not.
I will be making a currency guide for players to follow
Back to top Go down
elfwitch

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 1:47 am

If possible, could y'all please lower the amount of dmg casters, archers and lords do in camelot? It's ridiculous when they attack you, they do 800-900 dmg a hit which is insanely stupid. I use to love antebellum but here lately, I'm starting to feel like I'm drifting away with how difficult everything is. Every time a new place is opened, it's even more difficult then before and trying to acquire gear in undead hell or seven deadly sins is a pain in the ass seeing how there are a ton of mobs in those dungeons now compared to last time server was up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 6:09 am

erlocx wrote:

1. This is doable and should not be any problem.

2. Yea this is a DOL issue and will not spend time on this one.

3. I am trying to balance the classes as i see the need and when i have the time.

4. As Wic said he is making a currency guide so lets look forward to that. Most currency dropped in the world are dropped from anything and is based on the mobs level.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 7:16 am

elfwitch wrote:
If possible, could y'all please lower the amount of dmg casters, archers and lords do in camelot? It's ridiculous when they attack you, they do 800-900 dmg a hit which is insanely stupid. I use to love antebellum but here lately, I'm starting to feel like I'm drifting away with how difficult everything is. Every time a new place is opened, it's even more difficult then before and trying to acquire gear in undead hell or seven deadly sins is a pain in the ass seeing how there are a ton of mobs in those dungeons now compared to last time server was up.

The damage has to be high becouse once you have 5k+ hp and great gear you can steamroll them easy if they had regular damage.

I like people working for their stuff. Maybe thats just me but when a new dungeon is released it should be harder than the existing dungeons if the rewards are higher.
Back to top Go down
erlocx

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2018 11:59 pm

Idk if i should post it in the suggestion but...
I would like to ask for a checking the Executioner Blood wolf Form.
On Blood Wolf you should get like 100 more AF instead you don't get anything.
Same happens to the Lifeleech you should steal 50% of the dmg done instead if you do you only get like 3-4HP (I hit like 150-160)
Back to top Go down
Jubok1986

PostSubject: Sniper   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Hey can u rebuild Field Support @ Sniper he need some buffs and not a Speedbuff whitch cant use in caombat or and abs buff for only 20 sek or evade buff as range

this its the same with Salvation he got a Curse Heal  a Life Transfer... and Gain Through Pain to debuff himself ?

whats about some Buffs (Self or Grp) in Field Support or MANA / Heal Field  or anythingelse...   got only a Armor Buff valure 10 :-/ a bit low on 50...

same with salvation.. .any heals or healprocs etc ?

and add a pet like the wolf from the Hunter

and fix the CD on all Spells  or make it so that archery speed works on it.. all class got aoe auras etc and sniper got an all good spells an timer like 5 up to 60 sek...

and Fan Our hit still for 20-50   and got 500+ Str  and 600+ Dex  so i dont know which items i need to make more dmg got know full Adobtable Set
Back to top Go down
Kataliste

PostSubject: Suggestions   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2018 11:38 am

Hey, here are the things I found in game

- some mobs are doing incredible damages. Some ghouls in undead hell are hitting for 1000+ damages. Servants of Hades near Persephone are hitting for 1200+

- we can only have the torso of the pulsing blood stone set quest because we can’t do the the part in spindelhalla.

- every named I found near galpen, skona ravine were just giving a little rp and bp amount. Some named should drop interesting th things such as Kynal in darkness falls or gatekeeper doomel.

- I was not able to finish the level 45 barrier quest cause I don’t know where to find the dark barrier key.

- tried the challenge quest but abandoned. You don't know which item to pick first, no infos where to go and when you do one thing false you die and have to port again.

The main problem for me is that many things are from old Antebellum. Like the pulsing blood quest. Spindelhalla was available on old Ante and we were able to finish the quest.
It seems the entire old DB is here and some stuff were added with the revamp. That's why we have a lot of broken things, and some bosses / mobs / loots with insane damages.

On old ante, we had puppet master. The class was just OP for farm and most of the encounters / farming areas were designed to be viable with puppet master. Cause the puppet master was very OP, the other classes were not able to farm in the same areas or with the same ease.

Today, we are playing with new classes, but no class is equal to the puppet master. So that's why always have trouble in every area.

The server is very cool and i like the custom classes and the farm. But you should have erased all the old DB and started a new one.
Now, we have one server with his mechanic on a other db with some others mechanics. Sometimes, it's better to start from 0 instead of tinkering and old existing thing.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Kataliste wrote:
Hey, here are the things I found in game

- some mobs are doing incredible damages. Some ghouls in undead hell are hitting for 1000+ damages. Servants of Hades near Persephone are hitting for 1200+

- we can only have the torso of the pulsing blood stone set quest because we can’t do the the part in spindelhalla.

- every named I found near galpen, skona ravine were just giving a little rp and bp amount. Some named should drop interesting th things such as Kynal in darkness falls or gatekeeper doomel.

- I was not able to finish the level 45 barrier quest cause I don’t know where to find the dark barrier key.

- tried the challenge quest but abandoned. You don't know which item to pick first, no infos where to go and when you do one thing false you die and have to port again.

The main problem for me is that many things are from old Antebellum. Like the pulsing blood quest. Spindelhalla was available on old Ante and we were able to finish the quest.
It seems the entire old DB is here and some stuff were added with the revamp. That's why we have a lot of broken things, and some bosses / mobs / loots with insane damages.

On old ante, we had puppet master. The class was just OP for farm and most of the encounters / farming areas were designed to be viable with puppet master. Cause the puppet master was very OP, the other classes were not able to farm in the same areas or with the same ease.

Today, we are playing with new classes, but no class is equal to the puppet master. So that's why always have trouble in every area.

The server is very cool and i like the custom classes and the farm. But you should have erased all the old DB and started a new one.
Now, we have one server with his mechanic on a other db with some others mechanics. Sometimes, it's better to start from 0 instead of tinkering and old existing thing.

Yea some mobs are abit overtuned. But once geared they can be killed pretty fast. Ofcourse i might change some things like those hades minions.

I will go through the quests when i get the time and make em all doable.

You get the keys when completing the different chains in different dungeons. I think its one of the DF chains.

The challenges is supposed to be a challenge. Once you complete it once its alot easier since then you know where to go.

Starting with a completely new db i wouldnt even know where to begin since so much would be needed to be done 90% of the server is still old stuff.

Yea there is no class like puppet master. But Summoner is kinda in the same catagory. They are pretty good at farming.

Again making everything from scratch would take forever. I dont have that much time anymore sadly.
Back to top Go down
Jugg

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2018 9:50 pm

Thanks for the forum theme! I can see sooo much better now..

We are a bit lost. I don't know where to go or what to do. We are high level 40's still replacing 10 factor armor.. Any help in this area for new players would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in   Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server Discussion. Everyone please pitch in
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next