Antebellum

Antebellum

HomeHome  AntebellumAntebellum  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Engineers.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wookerz

PostSubject: Engineers.   Mon May 20, 2013 6:24 pm

Hai there. It's me, again. Me and a few people are kinda bored of all these engineers everywhere.

We personally think they are way too overpowered with their insta-casting pets, the Ultra-Sentry being able to parry/evade/block more than 50% of Melees hits while hitting you for 350+ every 2 seconds and being kinda tanky (2K+ HPs overall).

Moreover, the range of pets are kinda HUGE, let's be honest, and the utility of the pets are way too much. I mean, they have their pets that can DoT, AoE, DD, Slow, and they can also stun, disease, heal, DD, and so on?

Well, if they were squishy, it'd be okay, but even with a huge damage dealer like Purifier or anything else you want, they can resist pretty well and most of the time it'll result in a death for the enemy. Sometimes, the Engi dies, but the enemy also dies a few seconds after..

You might tell me ' kill the pets they have cd on it '.. Yeah.. But they aren't like Theurgists pets when u can 3 shot them. If you spend one second hitting them, you get blasted by the engi behind. You could also tell me ' get tempted '.. I'm about at 20% resists everywhere with Mixology on ( if it can helps ) and 450/450 HPs..

We are just wondering why classes that are never played like the Summoner is getting nerfed, while engis are still that strong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Mon May 20, 2013 7:30 pm

20% resists isnt that much though. When you get 30+ and AoM there should be a drop in damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ffapvp.darkbb.com
Wookerz

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Tue May 21, 2013 6:17 pm

Lol.. 20+, it means I have above 20, above 20 means between 20 and 26, which is the cap of the resists.. But well, sadly it seems like admins like engineers and aren't up to nerf it. Thx for your time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Tue May 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Ah and how am i supposed to know that you have 20-26% when you write you got 20%.

I have tested engineers damage on myself with capped resists and aom and the damage wasnt bad but it wasnt OP took a wile to kill me.
Back to top Go down
Wookerz

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Wed May 22, 2013 12:30 am

Simply because I wrote 20+. Now, does EVERYONE has the rank for AoM 5 24/7? and capped resists? No they don't. Plus the turrets, you can add all the DDs, DoTs, snares, and diseases..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Wed May 22, 2013 6:42 am

No not everyone has capped resists. But you cant balance a game on what people have when they ding 50. Gotta balance it around end game when people do have capped resists etc. Or the class will be broken when fighting a capped class.
Back to top Go down
Tanis

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Wed May 22, 2013 7:24 am

I will take the neutral point in this.

If you Nerf the engineer too much, the players will complain and the balance will be off causing the engineer to be an unplayed class like a few of the other classes...

If you don't change something the engineers sentrys will continue to nuke at high dmg, even on some pretty well geared people, which shows a slight throw off on the balance...

If you adjust the other classes to be a little tougher toward the sentrys they will all become OP and the Engineer will be powerless, ruining the balance...

Lose Lose Lose situation I say...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dacmac69(Sky)

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Wed May 22, 2013 2:45 pm

they have snare and disease castable in combat... let us be able to close the gap a little and it wouldnt be so unbalanced. right now they have 2 dots, a debuff for their high dmg spell, a snare nuke, a disease and a stun. keep backing up while unloading the first round, cast your pets and kite. unless you get them before they start casting youre done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Razeil

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Sat May 25, 2013 4:17 pm

The problem with eng isnt the pets or the health they have, its the fact that they can move while they cast. Also having the ability to cast while being hit is rediculous, pick one or the other and that will solve many many many problems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blight

PostSubject: No one is mentioning the high resist rate for any engineers magic abilities   Sat May 25, 2013 6:55 pm

In every fight depending on the person's resists, they will not be affected by several of the casts. There is a reason
casters dont want this "gap" between themselves and the tanks here closed. At any time those tanks can 2-3 shot
any caster. Raz playing each of those classes proves my point..Before you whine and complain about 1 class, look at
your own and reflect at how fucking OP it is
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanis

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Sun May 26, 2013 5:10 am

I agree with Raz.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wookerz

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   Sun May 26, 2013 11:12 am

The problem with Engineers, I think. Is that they have everything that a class could need.
They have CC (CrowdControl) -> AE Stun, Disease, Snare ,
Regen/Heal -> Heal bomb or so,
They're quite tanky -> Heal bomb and overall tankiness ,
They deal a lot of damages -> All the turrets + All the DDs do a LOT of damages to anyone,
They also can't be rupted -> can cast while moving, can cast while being hit, which never makes then unable to cast their pets or their spells to kill someone.
If you take example on the Chaos Mage or the Witch Doctor, if you hit them once, they're screwed, the Engies aren't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engineers.   

Back to top Go down

Engineers.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1